The city of Yeruham is part of the southern district in Israel, in the Negev desert. It covers 39km² and is named after the biblical Jeroham. In 1951, Yeruham was built in the northern Negev as a transit camp. It must be known that Yeruham is of Egyptian origin, it would be a place in the Negev mentioned by Pharaoh Shishak, arad leveit yeruham. Today it is called Tel Yeruham or Kfar Yeruham.