In the old city of Jerusalem, after the Ecce Homo, at a corner on El-Wad road (Hagai), stands the Armenian Catholic church or Polish church. This place was filmed by the team of 360HolyPlaces™ for you.
At this point, Via Dolorosa makes a sharp turn to the south-east, following the direction of the western side of the temple mount. Jesus falls for the first time under the weight of the cross that he is carrying. A stone tablet can be seen above the entrance drawn by Thaddeus Zielinski, shows Jesus fallen on the floor under the cross. At this site we have close to the church, the Austro-Hungarian hospice, which serves as a hospital. At this station, Jesus falls the first time under His Cross.
At the entrance to the chapel of the station 3 is seen in detail the inscription “Armenian Catholic Church” because this small chapel was built during the 15th century by the Armenian Catholic Church. It is also named the Polish Church, the explanation is that in 1947-1948 the Church was restored with the assistance of the Polish army.
Visit this place in Virtual Reality by clicking on the video and images 360° below.