The Church of Mensa Christi is a Franciscan church located in Nazareth near the market. It was built in 1861, and contains this slab of limestone, which according to tradition was the rock on which Jesus ate with his disciples after being raised from the dead. The pilgrims visited the site of the 17th century rock and left traces on this huge rock. Originally, the Franciscans built a chapel on this site at the end of the 18th century. It was rebuilt later in 1861 and currently constitutes this visible structure. Today, it is closed most of the time, but it can be visited by pilgrims.