The fortress of Cyprus was a fortress of Herod the Great. It was at Tell Aqaba, northwest of the Dead Sea, just southwest of Jericho. It should be known that the ruins of Tell Aqaba are first identified as the Cypros castle by A. Alt in 1925. Then excavations were later conducted to further deepen the excavations. The fort was located on a hill high enough to give a good view of the main road of Jerusalem. This fortress bears the name of Cypros in honor of Herod’s mother.